Workshops, Institutes, and Programs
No workshops are currently available for registration.
Other Workshops and Programs
Title: Educating for Systems Thinking: Applied to Environmental Literacy and STEM
Note: This workshop is currently full, please register to be added to the waiting list
Date: Saturday, November 15th, 8:30 am – 4pm
Location: Catlin Gabel School, Portland
Purpose: To make systems thinking tools relevant to educators
Workshop cost options:
$0 for Formal and Non-formal K-12 educators and administrators, funding provided by a Gray Family Foundation grant.
Description: Attendees will learn:
- How to utilize systems thinking tools and concepts to deepen student understanding within their particular subject area.
- How to address the systems thinking content strand of the Oregon Environmental Literacy Plan, and how it supports STEM and Sustainability.
- More information
- Free for formal and non-formal K-12 educators / administrators
- This workshop is currently full with a waiting list
- Includes lunch and set of systems thinking habits cards
- Register for the waiting list
Wonders of Wildlife
Audience: Teachers, community volunteers, agency staff, scout and 4-H leaders
Curricula: Project WILD
Location: TBA, Corvallis Oregon
Description: Are you curious about?
- How to identify local mammals, reptiles and amphibians? Come find out with wildlife expert Jeff Picton from Chintimini Wildlife Center.
- How habitat management and conservation have benefited wildlife?
- How to engage students in learning about local wildlife and related issues with hands-on lessons?